The clerk is the post in any organization that handles all the minute works in the office. The SBI clerk also handles these minute works.
SBI conducts an examination annually to recruit candidates for clerk posts. In this article you’ll get all the necessary details about this post.
|SBI Clerk Salary structure in India|
|SBI Clerk Salary in India Basic Pay||Rs. 13075/-|
Salary after 1st Increment- Rs. 13730/-
Salary after 2nd Increment- Rs. 16175/-
Salary after 3rd Increment- Rs. 20095/-
Salary after 4th Increment- Rs. 28110/-
Salary after 5th Increment- Rs. 30230/-
Salary after 6th Increment- Rs. 31440/-
|Dearness Allowence||Based on the Consumer Price index|
|House Accommodation||Depends on the place posting|
Apart from the salaries, SBI clerk also get some allowances which are mentioned below:-
- Dearness Allowance
- Medical insurance
- House Rent Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
- City Allowance
- Basic Necessities – Newspaper, Cleansing, Petrol, etc
➼ SBI clerk Exam Dates
|Online Registration Starts||January 3, 2020|
|Online Registration Closes||January 26, 2020|
|Preliminary Exam||February 22, 2020|
February 29, 2020
March 1, 2020
March 8, 2020
|Admit Card for Prelims||February 11, 2020|
|Mains Exam||To Be Notified Later|
|Admit Card for Mains||To Be Notified Later|
➼ SBI Clerk Exam Pattern
Students who are ought to clear the SBI clerk examination in their first attempt must know the examination pattern and plan their studies according to that in the sections.
The examination pattern is mentioned below:-
|SBI Clerk Exam Pattern|
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Preliminary Exam||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Mains Examination||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||50||60||45 minutes|
|General Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Apptitude||English|
|Table Data||Table Data||Table Data|
➼ Main Exam Syllabus
|Table Header||Table Header|
|Table Data||Table Data|
➼ SBI clerk Syllabus
|Equation and Algebra|
|Work and Time|
|Volume & Surface area|
|Upstream and Downstream|
|Time & Distance|
|Surds & Indices|
|Stock & Shares|
|Simple Interest and Compound Interest|
|Sequence & Series|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Profit and Loss|
|Permutation and Combination|
|Mixtures and Alligations|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere|
|Order and Ranking|
|Statement and Assumptions|
|Fill in the Blanks|
|Synonyms and Antonyms|
|Idioms and Phrases|
Reading Comprehension, Synonyms and Antonyms, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Correction, Fillers, Cloze Test, Idioms and Phrases, Vocabulary, Miscellaneous
Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, profit and loss, mensuration, Simple and Compound Interests, Mixtures and Allegations, Permutation and Combination, Work, Time and Distance, Number series
Puzzle, Machine Output, Syllogism, Direction Test, Blood Relation, Coding and Decoding, Statement and Assumptions, Order and Ranking, Linear Arrangement
Current affairs, Static And Junrel awareness, Banking and financial terms, Important Abbreviations, Banking awareness, Fiscal monitory policy, Important Government Schemes, Awards and Honours, Indian Constitutuions
➼ SBI clerk Eligibility Criteria
➼ Education Qualification
Candidate at least be a graduate
➼ Age Limit / Age Relaxation
Candidate must be older than 20 years and not more than 28 years of age as on 01.01.2000.
|SC / ST||5 Years|
|SC / ST||5 Years|
|PwD (General)||10 Years|
|PwD (SC / ST)||15 Years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 Years|
|Persons domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir||33 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age of 50 years|
|Widows, Divorced women judicially separated from their husbands (Not remarried)||GEN- 7 years |
OBC- 10 years
SC/ST- 12 years
➼ How to apply for SBI clerk?
- Visit the official website of SBI (https://www.sbi.co.in/web/careers)
- There you will find the link to apply online for the post of SBI Clerk. Select the SBI Clerk to apply online link and fill in the first page of personal details.
- Once the personal information page is filled, candidates are given a unique registration number and password which acts as login credential for candidates applying for the exam. In case the application has to be left midway, candidates can continue the apply online procedure by logging into the SBI Clerk apply online portal.
- Further, you have to upload a passport size photo and signature online. Dimensions are given below:
- The next step is to update the educational qualifications. Applicants must ensure that they have certificates and degrees for the educational qualifications they update.
- Next, candidates are suggested to recheck the entire application form so that no errors are made in the application form. If the conducting body finds any discrepancy in the online application, the applicant’s candidature can be cancelled.
- The final step is filling in the application fee. Once the application fee is submitted, the SBI Clerk applies online procedure is complete. Candidates can only pay through online mode and there is no offline mode of paying the fees.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20 kb–50 kb
- The signature must be done on a white paper with a black ink pen.
- Dimensions:- 140 x 60 pixels (preferred) Size of file should be between 10 kb – 20kb
- Open the official website of SBI www.sbi.co.in
- On the top right corner of the page, click on “CAREERS Click Here”.
- Thereafter, click on Latest Announcements on the top right corner of the page.
- Then click on the option – “Download Call Letter”.
- Open the link and fill your Registration Number and Password/Date Of Birth (dd-mm-yy) and Submit.
- Enter the Captcha code and login.
- Download your SBI Clerk Admit Card and take a printout. Take 2-3 copies for future reference.