What is BSNL JTO Exam?
BSNL JTO is a position in BSNL(Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited), candidates willing to be a part of this post can start their journey through GATE 2020.
The candidate needs to fulfill all the eligibility criteria which is mentioned below in this article.
To apply for BSNL JTO candidates must qualify the GATE exam first. Candidates have to go with Mechanical or Civil branch in GATE to get recruitment in BSNL JTO.
BSNL JTO Recruitment 2021 Notification
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited will soon announce the dates of the examinations of BSNL JTO recruitment 2021 notifications. Approximately 390 vacancies are available in BSNL JTO.
BSNL JTO Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Job Posts: BSNL Recruitment 2021 Exam will be conducted for Junior Engineers (JE), and Management Trainee posts.
Vacancies: The Total number of vacancies for Junior Engineers (JE) is 5200, and Management Trainee is 4000. Reservations will be provided for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
BSNL JTO Recruitment 2021 Exam Dates
|Important Events||Date (Tentative)|
|BSNL Recruitment Exam 2021 Application – Junior Engineer (JE) Start date||To be announced|
|BSNL Recruitment Exam 2021 Application – Junior Engineer (JE) End date||To be announced|
|BSNL Recruitment Exam 2021 Application -Junior Telecom Officer (JTO) Start date||To be announced|
|BSNL Recruitment Exam 2021 Application -Junior Telecom Officer (JTO) End date||To be announced|
|BSNL Recruitment 2021 Junior Engineer (JE) Exam Start date||To be announced|
|BSNL Recruitment Exam 2021 JE Result Date||To be announced|
Also Read BSNL JAO Recruitment 2021
BSNL JTO Recruitment 2021 Eligibility
|2||Educational Qualification||BE/BTech. or equivalent in
Telecom/ Electronics/ Radio/ Computer/ Electrical/ Information Technology/ Instrumentation Engineering
M.Sc. (Electronics)/M.Sc.(Computer Science)
|3||Age Limit as on January 31, 2021||Minimum 18 years and maximum 30 years
SC/ST candidates: up to 5 years
OBC candidates: up to 3 years
SC/ST-PWD candidates: up to 15 years
OBC-PWD candidates: up to 13 years
OC-PWD candidates: up to 10 years
BSNL employees: up to 5 years
Ex-Servicemen: as per Central Government Rules.
J & K candidates: Relaxation shall be in accordance with DoP & T’s notification No. 15012/7/1991-Estt.(D) dated 07-12-2007
BSNL JTO Recruitment 2021 Syllabus
Part I (General Ability Test):
- This part consists of 20 marks.
- The candidates comprehension and understanding of General English shall be tested through simple exercises such as the provision of antonyms synonyms, MCQs, Fill in the blanks.
- This might also include questions on current affairs, GK i.e everyday, knowledge and observations and experience, be expected of diploma holders.
Part II: Basic Engineering – 90 Marks
- Co-ordinate Geometry and Vector Algebra
- Matrix and Determinant, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Differential equation of second order, Fourier series, Laplace Transform, Complex Number, Partial Differentiation
- Measurement-Units and Dimension
- Waves, Acoustics, Ultrasonic, light
- Laser and its Application
- Atomic Structure and Energy Levels.
- Electrostatics, Coulomb’s law, Electric field, Gauss’s theorem, concept of potential difference
- The concept of capacitance and capacitors
- Ohm’s law, power and energy, Kirchoff’s voltage, current laws and their applications In simple DC circuits, Basic Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction: Concept of alternating voltage & current
- Cells and Batteries
- Voltage and Current Sources: Thevenin’s theorem, Norton’s theorem, and their applications.
Electronics Devices and Circuits:
- Classification of materials into conductor, semiconductor, insulator etc., electrical properties, magnetic materials.
- various types of relays, switches, and connectors, Conventional representation of electric and electronic circuits elements
- Active and passive components
- Semiconductor Physics; Semiconductor Diode
- Bipolar transistor & their circuits
- Transistor Biasing Stabilization of operating point
- Single stage transistor amplifier
- field effect transistor, Mosfet circuits applications
- Multistage Transistor Amplifier
- Transistor Audio Power Amplifiers
- Feedback In Amplifier: Sinusoidal Oscillators
- Tuned Voltage AmplifiersOpto Electronics Devices and their applications: Operational Amplifier
- Wave shaping and switching circuits.
- Block diagram of I.C. Turner (such as 555) and its working
- Motivation Circuits
- Time Base Circuits, Thyristors and UJT: Regulated Power Supply
- Applications and advantages of digital systems
- number system (binary and hexadecimal)
- Logic Gates; Logic Simplification; Codes and Parity
- Arunrneuc Circuits; Decoders
- Display Devices and Associated Circuits
- Multiplexers and De-multiplexers
- Latches and Flip Flops; Counters
- Shift Registers: Memories
- A/D and D/A converters.
Part III: Specialisation – 90 Marks
- 3 phases vs., single-phase supply, Star Delta connections, the relation between phase & line voltage power factor and their measurements
- construction and principles of working of various types of electrical measuring instruments
- All types of motor and generator-AC & DC transformers, starters, rectifiers, inverters, battery charges, batteries, servo and stepper motors, contactor control circuits, switchgear
- Relays, protection devices & schemes, substation, protective relaying, circuits breaker
- Generator protection, transformer protection, feeder & lightening protection, feeder & bus bar protection, Lightning arrestor, earthing, voltage stabilizer & regulators, power control devices & circuits, phase con rolled rectifiers, inverters, choppers dual converters, cyclo converters, power electronics application in control of drivers, refrigeration & air-conditioning
- Modulation and demodulation – principles and operation of various types of AM FM and PM modulators/demodulators
- pulse modulation – TDM, PAM, PPM, PWM, Multiplexing, Principles, and applications of PCM
- The introduction of Basic block diagram of digital and data communication systems, coding error detection and correction techniques
- Digital Modulation Techniques – ASK. ICW. FSK, PSK
- Characteristics/working of data transmission circuits
- UART, USART
- Protocols and their functions, brief idea of ISDN Interfaces, local areas Network
- Carrier Telephony – Features of carrier telephone system.
- Microwave Devices
- Microwave Components
- Microwave Antennas
- Microwave Communication Systems
- Block diagram and working principles of microwave communication link
Network Filters and Transmission Lines:
- Two port network
- Transmission Lines and their applications: characteristic impedance of line; the concept of reflection and standing waves on a transmission line: Transmission line equation principle of impedance matching
- Bandwidth consideration of a transmission line.
Instruments and Measurements:
- Specification of instruments – accuracy, precision, sensitivity, resolution range, Errors in measurements and loading effect
- Principles of voltage, current and resistance measurements
- Transducers, measurement of displacement & strain, forces & torque measuring devices, pressure measuring devices, flow measuring devices, power control devices & circuits
- Types of AC millivolt meters- Amplifier rectifier and rectifier amplifier
- Block diagram explanation of a basic CRO and a triggered sweep oscilloscope, front panel controls: Impedance Bridges and Q-Meters
- Principles of working and specifications of logic probes, signature analyzer and logic analyzer, signal generator, distortion factor meter, spectrum analyser
- Basic elements of control system, open and closed loop system, Concept of feedback, Block diagram of the control system, Time lag, hysteresis, linearity concepts, and Self-regulating and non-self-regulating control systems.
- The transfer function of simple control components, single feedback configuration.
- Time response of systems: Stability Analysis Characteristics equation, Routh’s table, Nyquist criterion, Relative stability, phase margin and gain margin.
- Routh-Hurwitz criterion, root locus techniques, B, mode plot, Power plot, Gain margin and phase margin.
- Typical organization of a microcomputer system & functions of its various blocks.
- The architecture of a Microprocessor.
- Memories and I/O Interfacing.
- Brief Idea of MIC assembly languages, Machines & Mnemonic codes
- Instruction format and Addressing mode; concept of Instruction set
- programming exercises In assembly language
- The concept of Interrupt
- Data transfer techniques – Sync data transfer, Interrupt driven data transfer, OMA, serial output data, serial input data
- Computer and its working, types of computers, familiarization with DOS and Windows, concept of file, directory, folder, Number Systems
- Data representation
- Programming – Elements of a high-level programming· language, PASCAL, C: Use of basic data structures
- Fundamentals of computer architecture, Processor design, Control unit design
- Memory organization
- 1/o system organisation
- Microprocessors- microprocessor architecture, instruction set and simple assembly level programming
- Microprocessors based system design: typical examples
- Personal computers and their typical uses, data communication principles, types and working principles of modems, Network principles, OSI model, functions of data link layer and network layer, networking com
- communications protocols-X.25, TCP/IP
Database Management System:
- Basic concepts, entity relationship model, r model, DBMS based on relational model.
BSNL JTO Recruitment 2021 Exam Pattern
The BSNL Recruitment Exam consists of 120 multiple-choice questions. The total score of the exam is 450 marks. The test time is 3 hours. The exam is divided into three parts. Each section is 150 marks. According to the BSNL Recruitment 2021 notice, every wrong answer will be marked with negative marking. The BSNL Recruitment 2021 exam will be conducted offline. A personal interview will select eligible candidates.
BSNL JTO Telecom 2021 Exam Pattern:
BSNL JTO Electrical 2021 Exam Pattern:
|Section-II||Electrical Engineering Stream||50||50|
BSNL JTO Civil 2021 Exam Pattern :
|Section 1||Engineering Stream||50||50|
|Section 2||Civil Engineering Stream||50||50|
|Section 3||General Ability test||20||20|
BSNL JTO Salary 2021
Below table represents BSNL JTO Salary structure 2021:
|Pay Scale||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|DA (126.90% of Basic)||20,812||20,812||20,812|
|HRA||4,920 (30% Of Basic)||3,280 (20% of Basic)||1,640 (10% of Basic)|
|BSNL JTO In hand Salary||40,603||38,963||37,323|
BSNL JTO Recruitment 2021 Apply Online:
Follow the procedure while filling the application form:
Step 1: Online Registration
- Candidates applying for the first time have to register. All other candidates can directly log in with their set passwords.
- The application form needs to be filled out online and can be found on the official website.
- Mention the GATE 2020 registration number, which can be found on the GATE Admit card
Step 2: Fill Personal Information
- This form should be filled out, including personal details, academic details, etc.
Step 3: Payment Method
- After filling in all the details, the students can pay the application fee.
- Candidates have to pay through an online method.
- Candidates must check the application form before paying the fees.
- At last, candidates can save & download the application form for future reference.
BSNL JTO Application Fees:
The application fee after completing the BSNL JTO form is as follows:
|Category||Application Fees Fees|
|General and OBC||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC / ST||Rs. 500/-|
Note: You can only pay through online banking, credit card or debit card.
BSNL JTO Recruitment 2021 Admit Card
Candidates need to visit the official website of the BSNL Recruitment 2021 Exam to download BSNL Recruitment Admit card 2021. The Admit Card will be available two weeks before the exam.
To download the BSNL Recruitment 2021 Admit card. Candidates need to visit the official website of the BSNL. The admission card will be provided two weeks before the exam.
The candidates will have to submit their application number, date of birth, and security pin to access and download the BSNL Recruitment 2021 admit card.
Candidates must submit their application number, date of birth, and security password to access and download the BSNL JTO admit card 2021.
- To download the JTO admit Card, applicants must visit the official website of BSNL.
- Select “Download Admit Card” option from the homepage of the website.
- Log in by entering your ID and Password.
- Download the Admit Card.
BSNL JTO Recruitment 2021 Result
The results of BSNL recruitment in 2021 will be updated on the official website. You can download the BSNL JTO Result by following the steps.
Step-1: Visit the official website of BSNL.
Step-2: Scroll down and look for the “BSNL Recruitment 2021” result link.
Step-3: Click on the highlighted results link and click download result.
Step-4: Download the result and save it for future use.
FAQ: BSNL JTO 2021
Candidates need to visit the official website to fill out the application form first and after visiting the official website, candidates will need to click on the “BSNL Recruitment 2021 Online Application” link.
The BSNL JTO salary is in the range of 16,400 – 40,500 Rs per month including DA, PA, HRA and other allowances.
Serving as a JTO officer in BSNL enjoys a high reputation in society, because it is a central government job that provides a huge salary and career opportunities.
The total number of junior engineer (JE) positions is 5,200, while the total number of management trainee positions is 4,000.