SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2021: According to the selection process of SSC CHSL 2021, the exam pattern contains three Tier:
- A Computer-Based Examination (Tier-I)
- Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
- Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III)
- The Tier-I Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-II, III & IV.
- Tier II: is a subjective(descriptive) type exam conducted in offline mode, which means pen-paper mode. The total weighted is 100 marks and the duration of the exam is 1 hour.
- Tier III: Skill Test/ Typing Test for the qualified candidates will be conducted on computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency
The given below table shows the Topics and Exam pattern of SSC CHSL 2021.
English Language, General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness.
Letter/Application Writing, Essay Writing.
Typing/ Skill Test
Speed Typing Test adjudged on the correct entry of data.
SSC CHSL Tier I Exam Pattern:
- The Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- The Exam duration is 1 hour (Extra 20 min. for PwD Candidates).
- Tier I Exam Consist of four sections listed below:
Number of Questions each section
1 hour (80 Minutes for PwD candidates)
English Language (Basic Knowledge)
Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)
SSC CHSL Tier II Exam Pattern:
- The exam will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in “Pen and Paper” Mode.
- The exam duration is 1 hour.
- The exam would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
- The total weighted of the exam is 100 marks.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33%.
- The exam will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
- If the exam is written in both Hindi and English will be awarded zero marks.
Candidate should go through the below table for the Tier II examination:
SSC CHSL Tier III Exam Pattern:
- Skill Test/ Typing Test for the qualified candidates will be conducted on computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- The duration of the test will be 15 minutes.
- The medium of the Typing Test will be Hindi or English. The candidates will have to opt for the medium of Typing Test (i.e. either Hindi or English) in the online Application Form.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have a typing speed of 35 words per minute and those opting for Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute.
SSC CHSL Tier-I syllabus
English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word The building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
Quantitative Aptitude: Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
SSC CHSL Tier-II syllabus
Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in „Pen and Paper‟ Mode. The duration of the Descriptive Paper will be for one hour (20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the Candidates eligible for scribes as per Para 8.1 and 8.2 above). The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/Application of approximately 150-200 words.
The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will be awarded zero marks.
Candidates must write their correct Roll Number at the prescribed places on the cover page of the Answer Book. Candidates must also affix signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression in the relevant columns in the Answer Book. Answer Books not bearing Roll Number, Signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression shall be awarded zero marks.
Candidates are strictly advised not to write any personal identity e.g. name, roll number, mobile number, address, etc inside the Answer Book. The candidates who fail to adhere to these instructions will be awarded zero marks even if marks are awarded during the evaluation process