Full form of SSC CPO is Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization, as it is an examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of the candidates into the post of Sub-Inspector (SI) of Police.
You can also check out our Indian police service.
For various organizations like ITI, CRPF, BSI, Delhi Police, and more, CPO conducted by SSC for Sub-Inspector post and is organized at the national level for the recruitment.
|SSC CPO 2020 Exam Dates|
|SSC CPO events||SSC CPO Dates|
|SSC CPO 2020 Notification & Online Application||June 17th 2020|
|SSC CPO Apply Online Last date||July 16th 2020|
|SSC CPO Paper I (CBE)||September 29th 2020 to October 5th 2020|
|SSC CPO Paper II||1st March 2021|
SSC CPO Salary
SSC CPO salary structure is mentioned below in the table. The addition of the allowances in the basic salary makes it more handsome, the allowances structure is mentioned in the second table.
|SSC CPO Salary|
|SSC CPO Post||Grade Pay||Salary|
|Sub Inspector in CAPF||4200||Rs. 35400-112400/-|
|Sub Inspector in Delhi Police||4200||Rs. 35400-112400/-|
|Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF||2800||Rs. 29200-92300/-|
|SSC CPO Salary – Sub Inspector|
|Basic salary/ Allowances||City X (urban cities)||City Y (cities with population more than 5 lakhs)||City Z (rural areas)|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 35,400||Rs. 35,400||Rs. 35,400|
|Gross Salary||Rs. 47496||Rs. 42864||Rs. 40032|
|SSC CPO salary (in-hand)||Rs. 41321||Rs. 36600||Rs. 33767|
The selection procedure for the SSC CPO examination is mentioned below.
- PHYSICAL TEST
- MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Through these above-mentioned process is accommodated for the recruitment of SSC CPO held in a steady manner. Hence, each stage is mandatory to clear to eligible in the next one.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge & Awareness||50|
|SSC CPO PET Test Qualifications|
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|- 100 meter race - 16 seconds|
- 1.6 Km race in - 6.5 minutes
- Long jump: 3.65 meters - 5 chances
- High jump: 1.2 meters - 3 chances
- Short put 16 LBS: 4.5 meters - 3 chances
|- 100 meter race - 18 seconds|
- 800 meter race in - 4 minutes
- Long jump: 2.7 meters or 9 feet -3 chances
- High jump: 0.9 meters or 3 feet - 3 chances
- SSC CPO Medical Test
|English Language & Comprehension||200||2 hours|
The interview is one of the most important parts of the SSC CPO Sub Inspector officer exam. It’s very necessary for you to clearly state your thoughts to the interviewers.
As a result, you need to focus on brightening your communication skills and body language. Some candidates are blessed with such skills.
Some require practice to become excellent communicators of their ideas. Candidates with no communication skills can contact those who have already appeared in the UPSC Examinations, to get useful suggestions from them.
Because this portion of the Civil Services Examination is not designed to judge someone’s expertise on a subject.
However, a candidate must speak from the heart or answer all questions honestly.
There is a common misconception among the candidates that if they lie about their hobby just to get through the interview, it will never help them.
Interviewers are not just to ask questions, but to evaluate a candidate’s personality and ability to evaluate whether a ‘no’ is a ‘no’, it cannot be changed to a ‘yes’ and vice versa.
SSC CPO syllabus
|Analogy||Semantic and Figural analogy, letters and numbers Symbolic/Numbers, images and meaning-based||6-8 Questions|
|Coding-Decoding||Coding decoding by letter shifting, coding by analogy and words||3-5 Questions|
|Classifications||Semantic and Figural classifications, Symbolic/Numbers classification||6-7Questions|
|Series||Semantic, Figural, number and mixed series and series based on general knowledge||3-5 Questions|
|Order Ranking||The sequence of order and ranking will be asked from the given data||1-2 Questions|
|Direction & Distances||Problems based on network, routes and distances travelled are asked||1-3 Questions|
|Missing numbers||Numbers and alphabet-based Matrix and Diagrams||2-3 Questions|
|Alphabet or word test||Sequence and word formation, Matrix, jumbled words, suffix etc.||3-5 Questions|
|Venn diagram||Venn Diagram, Logical, Syllogism etc||4-5 Questions|
|Puzzles||Double line-up arrangements, circular arrangements, seating arrangements, linear arrangements etc.||3-5 Questions|
|Data sufficiency||Cubes and Dices, Arithmetic operation etc||4-5 Questions|
|Non- verbal reasoning||Paper folding, Cubes and dices, counting figures etc.||5-7 Questions|
|History||Ancient and Medieval History, India’s freedom struggle||6-7 Questions|
|Geography||Indian and World Geography||5-6 Questions|
|Polity||Government Portfolios, Judiciary and Constitution of India||3-5 Questions|
|Science & Technology||Environment, Nutrition, Diseases, Physics, Chemistry, Biology etc.||10-13 Questions|
|Books and Authors||Famous Books & Authors||1.2 Question|
|Economy||Economic Organisation, Indian and world organisation||4-5 Questions|
|National & International Affairs||Government policies and schemes, National and International days, events and news etc.||10-11 Questions|
|International Organisations||International Organisation headquarter and their year of establishments||1-2 Questions|
|Current events||Latest Sports events, Venues and Winners||2-3 Questions|
|Mixture Problems||Questions on mixtures of Two or Three quantities and their ratios||1-2 Questions|
|Ratio Proportions||Simple and compound ratios, Direct and indirect proportions||3-4 Questions|
|Number Systems||Rational, irrational Numbers, LCM, HCF, integers||1-3 Questions|
|Simplification||Fraction, BODMAS, Decimals, Ratios etc.||4-5 Questions|
|Algebra||Quadratic and Linear Equation, Identities etc.||4-6 Questions|
|Profit and Loss||Partnership, Discounts and Marked Prices, Problems on Profit and Loss, successive sellings, etc.||4-5 Questions|
|Percentage||Basic Percentage Questions||1-2 Questions|
|Average||Average problems on Average of height, weight, Age, Marks, money expenditure, temperature etc.||2-3 Questions|
|Time and work||Time and Work, Work and Wages, Work efficiency, Pipes and cisterns etc.||1-2 Questions|
|Speed, Time and Distance||Problems on River, boats and streams, Relative speed etc.||1-3 Questions|
|Mensuration||Area, Surface Area and volume of Various Geometric Shapes||3-5 Questions|
|Simple Interest||Problems on Simple and compound interest||1-3 questions|
|Trigonometry||Height and distances, Identities, Trigonometric ratios etc||3-5 Questions|
|Geometry||Quadrilateral, Triangles, Circles, Chords, Cubes, cones etc.||4-6 Questions|
|Data Interpretations||Questions on Bar graph, Table, Pie Chart, Line Chart||4-5 Questions|
|Idioms||One word substitution, meaning of Idioms||3-5 Questions|
|Error detection||Finding error in a sentence or a phrase||4-5 Questions|
|Vocabulary||Spellings, Synonyms and Antonyms||5-10 Questions|
|Cloze test||Questions based on passages containing particular idea, cloze tests||5-10 Questions|
|Reading comprehensions||Passages will focus on topics related to social issues, business and economies moral stories and humanities like Art, human behaviour, Psychology, medicine etc.||5-10 Questions|
|Grammar sections||Spotting the error, Phrase Replacements, Fill in the blanks||8-10 Questions|
- Error recognition
- filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc)
- Sentence Structure
- Sentence Completion
- Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words
SSC CPO Eligibility
- Age should be greater than 20 years old.
- Age should be less than:-
SC – 30 Year
ST – 30 Year
OBC – 27 Years
General- 20 Years
Ex-Serviceman – 5 Years + Age taking the retirement.
- Citizen of India, Bhutan, Nepal.
- Migrated candidates must have a citizenship document from Govt. of India.
- A candidate must be either:
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India,
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Candidates applying for the post of Sub- Inspector in Delhi Police should have a valid driving license
Driving license is not mandatory for candidates applying for all other posts under CAPFs.
How to apply for SSC CPO?
- Open the official website(https://ssc.nic.in).
- Fill the necessary details in the registration window >> Submit the Application
- Registration ID will be provided.
- Log in through Registration ID and password.
- Complete all other steps and submit relevant documents.
- Upload your photograph and scanned copy of the signature as per the desired dimensions.
- Complete your payment process.
- Check all the details provided by you for any mistakes.
- Submit your application form. Your registration will be completed.
- Take a printout of the application form for your reference.
- Open the official website of SSC (https://ssc.nic.in) >> admit card option on the homepage.
- Select your region (e.g. Eastern, Northern region, etc.)
- The SSC CPO admit card download link Central Police Organisation exams will be displayed.
- Click on the link and enter the required credentials (Roll Number and Date Of Birth/ username and Password)
- In a separate window, admit card will appear.
- Save and download the SSC CPO admit card for your reference.