SSC JE 2021 Exam Pattern: According to the selection process of SSC JE 2021, the SSC JE exam pattern contains two Papers – Paper-I and Paper-II.
Paper-I is conducted in online mode it is an objective(MCQ) type test. Its marks weightage is 200. A negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer is also applicable in Paper 1 only.
Paper 2 is a subjective (descriptive) type exam conducted in offline mode, means pen-paper mode. The weightage of marks is 300 marks.
SSC JE Paper-I having marks weightage of 200 marks, consists of 200 questions, which needs to be attempted in a time duration of 2 hours.
The paper-I is divided into 3 sections – General Intelligence, General Awareness and General Engineering (Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical).
- There is a choice for candidates to appear in either one of the streams of General Engineering in both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Candidates who have already cleared paper-I will be eligible to appear in paper-II.
- Paper-II is a subjective type of paper and questions will be based on the candidates’ specialization in Engineering.
In this article, you’ll get to know in detail about the exam pattern of SSC JE 2021 along with the SSC JE syllabus.
|Number of papers||2|
|Exam Mode||Paper 1: Computer based test (Online), Paper 2: Pen and paper-based mode (Offline)|
|Question Paper Type||Paper 1: Multiple Choice Questions, Paper 2: Descriptive Paper|
|Total marks||Paper 1: 200 marks Paper 2: 300 marks|
|Exam duration||2 hours for each paper|
|Exam language||English and Hindi|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks in Paper 1 only|
Also Checkout SSC JE Exam Dates 2021
SSC JE 2021: Paper-I Exam Pattern:
- Paper-I is a computer-based test contain multiple-choice questions.
- Paper-I is divided into 3 sections namely – (i)General Intelligence and Reasoning, (ii)General Awareness, (iii)General Engineering (Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical).
- Sections 1 and 2 will be the same for each individual. But in section 3, candidates need to make a choice between their respective subjects from Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering.
- Section 1 and 2 both of them contains 50 questions. Section 3 consists of 100 questions. These two sections(I and II) test the candidate’s ability and knowledge of general reasoning and awareness. In Section 3 the candidate’s get examined on the basis of knowledge for the subject chosen from Civil or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- In Paper-I and Paper-II for SSC JE General Engineering, the candidate are required to attempt only the part as per their choices filled in their application form which was filled by the applicant.
- Candidates willing to attempt for the post of Junior Engineer from Electrical field are required to attempt Part-B Electrical Engineering
- Candidates willing to attempt for the post of Junior Engineer from Mechanical field are required to attempt Part-C Mechanical Engineering
- There is a negative marking allotted of 0.25 marks as per every wrong answer.
Given below is the section-wise number of questions, marks, and duration for Paper 1:
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Exam duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50 MCQs||50 marks||A cumulative duration of 2 hours|
|General Awareness||50 MCQs||50 marks|
|General Engineering Part A – (Civil & Structural OR Part B (Electrical) OR Part C (Mechanical)||100 MCQs||100 marks|
|Total||3 Subjects||200 MCQs||200 Marks||120 minutes|
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021: Paper-II
- Paper-II is an objective type paper conducted in offline mode through pen-paper.
- Candidates have to attempt a question paper of 300 marks within a time duration of 2 hours.
- Paper-II is a conventional type exam, candidates have to choose the subject from Part A- Civil & Structural Engineering, Part B- Electrical Engineering or Part C- Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Table and Steam Table for Paper-II.
- There is no negative marking applicable in Paper-2.
|Paper||Subjects||Maximum marks||Exam duration & time|
|Paper-II – Descriptive Type|
Part A – General Engineering (Civil and Structural) OR
Part B – General Engineering (Electrical) OR
Part C – General Engineering (Mechanical)
|300 marks||2 hours|
SSC JE 2021 Syllabus
Above mentioned was the examination pattern of SSC JE.
Here you’ll be aware for the SSC JE syllabus for paper-I and Paper-II, which also a necessary part for an SSC JE aspirant.
SSC JE Paper I Syllabus 2021
The verbal and non-verbal both subject’s syllabus will be in the SSC JE Syllabus for General Intelligence.
Questions are actually designed to aim at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around us and its practical implementation to society.
Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
SSC JE 2021 Syllabus: General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Analogies similarities & differences
- Space visualization
- Analysis & Judgement
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Discrimination & Observation
- Relationship concepts (Blood Relations)
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical Number Series
- The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
Comment Below if any query came into your mind related to SSC JE 2021 Exam Pattern, we will try to answer you within 24 hours.
If you find the information in this post useful, please share it with your friends and colleagues on Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, and LinkedIn!