SSC JE Notification 2021: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC JE Exam every year to select eligible candidates for the recruitment of Junior Engineers into various departments – Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Quantity Surveying and Contracts posts.
SSC had released a notification for Junior Engineer. On that notification, the SSC JE Recruitment for year 2021 was scheduled from August, 2020. You’ll get full information of SSC JE Exam date 2021 here.
SSC JE 2021 Notification – The Staff Selection Commission released the new exam dates for SSC JE Paper 1 2021. According to the SSC JE 2021 notice, Paper I for SSC JE in scheduled from April 2021.
This article will give information of SSC JE Notification 2021 (Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer) for the year 2020-21, along with all the related information.
SSC JE 2021 Exam Date: The Staff Selection Commission posted an update for the SSC Junior Engineer exam on its official website. The exam date for SSC JE 2021 includes the application date, Exam dates, etc.
Based on SSC JE exam notice 2021, the SSC JE 2021 exam will take place in online mode from April 2021. The examination form for SSC JE 2021 will be released on August 4, 2020. Candidates can apply for SSC JE examination form 2021 after the release of notification.
|SSC JE 2021 Application Date||August, 2020|
|Last date of Submission of Application form 2021||September, 2020|
|Release of SSC JE 2021 Admit Card (Paper I)||March, 2021|
|SSC JE 2021 Exam (Paper I)||April, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Release of SSC JE Admit Card 2021 (Paper II)||May, 2021|
|SSC JE Exam 2021 (Paper II)||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021 (Paper-1)
- Paper-I is a computer-based test contain multiple-choice questions.
- Paper-I is divided into 3 sections namely – (i)General Intelligence and Reasoning, (ii)General Awareness, (iii)General Engineering (Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical).
- Sections 1 and 2 will be the same for each individual. But in section 3, candidates need to make a choice between their respective subjects from Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering.
- Section 1 and 2 both of them contains 50 questions. Section 3 consists of 100 questions. These two sections(I and II) test the candidate’s ability and knowledge of general reasoning and awareness. In Section 3 the candidate’s get examined on the basis of knowledge for the subject chosen from Civil or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- In Paper-I and Paper-II for SSC JE General Engineering, the candidate are required to attempt only the part as per their choices filled in their application form which was filled by the applicant.
- Candidates willing to attempt for the post of Junior Engineer from Electrical field are required to attempt Part-B Electrical Engineering
- Candidates willing to attempt for the post of Junior Engineer from Mechanical field are required to attempt Part-C Mechanical Engineering
- There is a negative marking allotted of 0.25 marks as per every wrong answer.
Given below is the section-wise number of questions, marks, and duration for Paper 1:
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Exam duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50 MCQs||50 marks||A cumulative duration of 2 hours|
|General Awareness||50 MCQs||50 marks|
|General Engineering Part A – (Civil & Structural OR Part B (Electrical) OR Part C (Mechanical)||100 MCQs||100 marks|
|Total||3 Subjects||200 MCQs||200 Marks||120 minutes|
SSC JE 2021 Exam Pattern (Paper-2)
- Paper-II is an objective type paper conducted in offline mode through pen-paper.
- Candidates have to attempt a question paper of 300 marks within a time duration of 2 hours.
- Paper-II is a conventional type exam, candidates have to choose the subject from Part A- Civil & Structural Engineering, Part B- Electrical Engineering or Part C- Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Table and Steam Table for Paper-II.
- There is no negative marking applicable in Paper-2.
|Paper||Subjects||Maximum marks||Exam duration & time|
|Paper-II – Descriptive Type|
Part A – General Engineering (Civil and Structural) OR
Part B – General Engineering (Electrical) OR
Part C – General Engineering (Mechanical)
|300 marks||2 hours|
Aspirants can check the SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021 Details at the linked article.
Comment Below if any query came into your mind related to SSC JE 2021 Notification, we will try to answer you within 24 hours.
If you find the information in this post useful, please share it with your friends and colleagues on Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, and LinkedIn!